Our Latest News
FICAP ANNOUNCES CHARITY PARTNER FOR 2013
The Financial Industry Community Aid Program appoints Redkite as its primary charity partner for 2013
Sydney, 24 July, 2012 – The Financial Industry Community Aid Program (FICAP) is delighted to announce Redkite as its primary charity partner for 2013. Redkite provides real and practical support to children and young people with cancer and their families.
Redkite was chosen from an impressive line up of charities who applied for funding. Marnie McLaren, FICAP Chairman said “The FICAP Committee was overwhelmed with the number and quality of applications we received this year.
“It’s always such a difficult decision to make but we were so impressed with the work that Redkite does in supporting young people with cancer. They provide vital emotional and
financial support to families when they need it most,” McLaren said.
Redkite’s General Manager of Campaign and Events, Kelly Clarke said, “Redkite is very proud to be selected as FICAP’s chosen charity partner for 2013, and to be working with the FICAP committee over the next two years.
“FICAP shares our commitment to providing real support to children and young people as they face the cancer journey, and the financial industry’s support of Redkite’s Financial Assistance program ensures Redkite can continue to meet families’ needs by helping them pay for every day crucial expenses.
“As Redkite receives no government funding, we rely on the generous support of groups such as FICAP to support children and young people with cancer and their families.”
Redkite will receive 70% of all proceeds raised by FICAP in 2013. The remaining 30% raised will continue to support YWCA NSW’s FICAP Voices mentoring program for Blaremont Public School in South West Sydney.